Winterizing Your Outdoor Living Space
When it comes to your home, proper maintenance is key, and your outdoor living space is no exception. If you have a full outdoor kitchen, grill, pizza oven or any variety of outdoor features, it’s important to take the proper steps to ensure backyard summer fun for years to come.
Here’s a few tips to consider as you get your space ready for winter.
- Shut off and drain water lines. These lines can freeze and even burst. Shut off the lines from inside your home, open the values for each feature, including refrigerators, sinks, and ice makers to ensure there is no water left in the lines.
- Shut off the gas line. For safety’s sake, if your outdoor grill has a natural gas line, shut it off.
- Clean your outdoor kitchen. Prepare for next season by emptying the contents of your refrigerator, cabinets, and ice maker. Now is a good time to clean and polish!
- Clean and cover or store your outdoor furniture. Prevent wear, including unsightly rust stains by properly maintaining your outdoor furniture.
- Clean the surrounding area. Sweep away debris from walkways and patios. Fall leaves, if left sitting too long can cause staining. Pull weeds and inspect your patio paver’s joint sand. The rule of thumb is between 1/8” to 1/4” below the edge of the paver.
- Fire up your fire pit! As temperatures drop, extend your outdoor living with family and friends. Enjoy the warmth of socializing around your fire pit.
For all your outdoor living needs look no further than Reuther Material!
As the area’s premier masonry supplier, we carry a large inventory of outdoor features to suit your needs, including outdoor kitchens, fireplaces, and firepits. Best of all, the required materials to build your outdoor living feature are packaged together, making the process of creating your dream environment straightforward. Plus, our professional, knowledgeable staff are there to help you every step of the way.
With Reuther, you’ll have your materials where and when you need them.
We offer a comprehensive array of delivery options. Our fleet of trucks ensures that we can accommodate orders of any size and different offloading needs. Our fleet of specialized equipment allows for exact placement at your job site, or prompt loading of materials when picking up. You won’t be forced to load yourself or deal with long waits.